Friday, May 27, 2011

Info on my WIP & other jazz

I have to introduce a new, minor, character in my next chapter. A reporter who is, for the lack of a less insulting word...a "bitch-and-a-half." The thing is, she'll be mentioned perhaps as many as two times...then that's it. She's there to provide a bit of "oomph" and a kick in the teeth to the protagonists, and that's really the end of her. I'm not the biggest fan of a character showing up just for one scene, but it has to be done. Besides, I can always write her out--or expand the role--when I revise things later.

The most important thing, to me, is getting the first "pre-alpha" of the story on paper; many revisions will come later, of course, but in the mean time I just gotta tell the tale and let it go at that. It's how I write, which may not be your methodolgy--and that's totally ok. :)

...In other news...a few of my Twitter folks are at BEA 2011. Lucky! I hope they all are having a kick ass time. Maybe someday, if I ever become a famous novelist (yeah, right), I'll get to go too.

No comments:

Post a Comment