Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tomorrow, at 3:30pm CDT

Tomorrow, August 10th, 2011, at 3:30pm CDT, the options for all available queried agents expires. At that point, the much aforementioned PLAN A will have come to a complete and utter halt; and PLAN B will commence.

For those of you who are new to the game, PLAN B is submission to a few publishers that accept direct submission of manuscripts. They each have different wait-times for acceptance or rejection, so PLAN B is sort of a really big "wait and see what develops" scenario. I wish I could say something like "it will take exactly eight weeks," but I can't. Heck, I can't even say exactly how many months PLAN B will be!

It's a darn shame the world doesn't run on my time-schedule, ain't it? ;) Such is life. After all, I am just a very small cog in a very big machine over which I have no control.


  1. I've never submitted to a publisher. After all the agent warnings I'm plain scared I won't know what to do. Please do post your experience. :)

  2. The publishers I've got in mind are very big deal publishers...one of them is the world's largest publisher of sci-fi and fantasy. They've been around forever, so it should be ok. It's not like a flash-in-the-pan company, who I would avoid anyway. But definitely, I will post what I learn...so others can avoid the pitfalls, if possible.