Tuesday, February 21, 2012

This last week & other biz...

This last week I managed to crank out two chapters of MINIMAL, and I'm pretty stoked about that, especially since prior weeks (*ahem* months) have been dismal at best (for writing, that is.) What does this mean? It means that MINIMAL is now closer to completion--but it's not there yet--but that the muse struck again, and that makes me happy.

And...I've lined up TWO, count 'em TWO people who are willing to give the "alpha copy" the ol' once over before I do. Pretty sweet! That's even before I go over to Absolute Write and ask for Beta readers! Man, this is going pretty well.

Now onto other news...

Yes! The contest (see below posts for info) is still going on! You can enter until March 1, people. Win yourself the original, one-and-only manuscript copy of Memories of the Dead, in a contest I announced quite a while ago. Come on folks, this is a one-of-a-kind prize here! This ain't no galley or ARC we're talking about!

And other news...

Sales figures are at a standstill for Memories of the Dead, seems that unless more people are willing to review it the odds of it being lost to obscurity are rising. But there is hope. The real kick-starter is to have move stories and books available from the same author, consider it a form of cross pollination. That's what I'm trying to do with MINIMAL, but getting there is the hard part. I still have hopes to have it done this year (calendar year as opposed to some odd "fiscal year" jazz the government uses.) We'll see if I can pull it off.

Meanwhile...

Have you entered Gretchen McNeil's TEN scavenger hunt yet? No? Well why not? Dammit, get over there! You could win! And on the 24th she has her big TEN cover unveiling! [Very excited to read the new book from her (Hi, Gretchen!)] Go over to her blog (see that link? Yeah, click it!) and follow the clues, and do the deeds needed, enter, and win.

No comments:

Post a Comment