Friday, April 27, 2012

Amazon's Authorcentral has a problem

There is currently an issue with Amazon's Authorcentral. Sales figures are being misreported. I discovered this myself when a sale I know took place on a certain day was not, and has not, been reflected by their accounting software. I have informed them of the error, but it will take time to fix I am sure.

If you are an Amazon Authorcentral user for your books, please check yourself and do some verification of the data. I believe this to be more than just an isolated issue with me.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info, Phil, I'll keep it in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping it's just isolated to me, and doesn't mess up other folks, but you never know and with computers...nothing is ever isolated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a response...but it was less than correct (not to mention unhelpful in the extreme.) They suggested I talk to my publisher. So I restated my question, this time making it perfectly clear that it was (a) ebook sales, and (b) I self-publish, and (c) as a result, I rely on Amazon to keep accurate accounting. Something, apparently, they haven't been able to do.

    If I get another lame answer, I will be escalating the issue upstream.

    ReplyDelete