Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The next book

I know, I know... I'm not done with MINIMAL yet; but cut me some slack! I'm still writing it, but in the mean time that does not mean that I can't plot and prepare for the next idea. I've briefly mentioned it before, and it has a title of The Lost King, but that is always subject to change.

Regardless, I've come bearing something of a gift. Below is a gray-scale rendering of the world in which The Lost King will take place. Behold, the world of Emerhald.




Emerhald is a big place, about twenty times the size of the USA, by the looks of it, if my math is correct (and it rarely is.) There's plenty of room here for lots of adventure, and I hope to visit the place more than once when I am able.

Speaking of a return to a familiar place, twice now in the same week folks have asked me (or threatened, depending on how you take it) if a sequel to Memories of the Dead is in the works. The answer to that is "Yes and no." (Cryptic, huh?)

"Yes," I have a plan for a sequel--which will bring to light the "unhappy memories" mentioned in the final pages of the book; "No," it's not currently in the works, but we're going to get to it, I promise. After all, you followed Locarno around long enough that you deserve to know what ends up being the fate of his family. Right?

Right. So, yeah...eventually I will get on with book 2 of Locarno's sad tale; but in the mean time, be on the look out for the (hopefully soon) completion of the rough-draft of MINIMAL, and the beginnings of The Lost King, which I hope will spark a bit of interest all by itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment