Friday, April 20, 2012

Writing

You might think that with me being quiet about writing that lately I haven't done much. You'd be right. But, that isn't a bad thing, because I've been thinking about what's next. That's a good thing. I know some details that otherwise I would have missed, this is good. I know a thing or two that I almost forgot to mention, this too is good. So when I get the next chapter down--and I will soon, I'm sure of that--I'll be in a better position and the flow will return. But even with that, I'm not sure exactly how large a tome MINIMAL will be. No. Freaking. Clue. If I had to guess, maybe 70000 words. More? Maybe. Hopefully not more than 90000. That would be daunting to write or read. But honestly, I don't know yet. The story takes me to where it needs to, and luckily for me, I don't have to worry. I write for me, it's not a job. I like that luxury, even if it means I'm slow at it.

1 comment:

  1. There is never lost time when thinking about what comes next. Or should I say, what ideas sprout in those in-between stages. There's an ol' saying, "A writer doesn't waste time looking out the window--their working." In other words, looking out the window is the best way to figure out what comes next!

    ReplyDelete