Thursday, August 9, 2012

Five Sentence Fiction – Distance

The Five Sentence Fiction is a simple idea:
Five Sentence Fiction is about packing a powerful punch in a tiny fist. Each week I will post a one word inspiration, then anyone wishing to participate will write a five sentence story based on the prompt word. The word does not have to appear in your five sentences, just use it for direction.
This week, the chosen word is "Distance." There are many distances that can be measured, I chose a different kind. This is a short love letter, purple prose for certain, but heartfelt all the same.

***

The span of my arms holds the world entire.

Here, when you are held within, exists all that is, ever shall be, and all that I require.

But a short distance as measured by Man, you contain all the Universe of my heart; a hundred-thousand fold emotions bless me in your presence.

Neither time nor unnumbered leagues can hold me from you or you from me; for perhaps made separate, we are one.

You and no other have bridged the wide streams of my soul.

20 comments:

  1. And the tears flow like rain from the sky because I know no other love like the love from this guy! I love you and I love what you wrote! You my sweet husband are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It reminds me of the idea that each person is only one half of a whole, and we are searching for our other half to become complete. Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet and open, poetic and heartfelt. Lovely sentiment, well-wrought, Phil!! Take that from a guy who has written a few poems that some folks like on that subject. ~ j

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Joe, this is very sweet and nicely expressed, Phil :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely, Phil. :) Great job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely piece of writing Phil.
    It may be short - but it's one hell of a love letter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, such love :) Excellently written!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What can I say - that was nice to read! Well said and well done

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poetic. The language is lush and full and resonates in the mind's ear. Excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You honor me with your kind words! Thank you!

      Delete