Thursday, September 13, 2012

Five Sentence Fiction – Awkward

The Five Sentence Fiction is a simple idea:
Five Sentence Fiction is about packing a powerful punch in a tiny fist. Each week I will post a one word inspiration, then anyone wishing to participate will write a five sentence story based on the prompt word. The word does not have to appear in your five sentences, just use it for direction.
This week, the chosen word is "Awkward." And for some odd reason, I went humor/pop-culture with this one. Fans of the TV show will "get it." I know...I'm weird... Enjoy.

***

"You think that's bad," Peter began one of his famous non-sequiturs, "Do you remember the time I tried to show Sigourney Weaver 'The Shocker'?"

"Petah!" Lois screeched in with her East-coast, Bostonian accent, hoping to bring this tale of his to a very early end, "There are nuns present, and children!"

She continued, "You cannot just blurt out any bizarre sexual reference you think up! What the hell is wrong with you?"

Everyone around, including the nuns, were staring aghast -- even the most prude of them knew what was being talked about, and their disapproval was obvious for all to see.

"But, Lois," Peter whimpered like a beat-down dog, "I just wanted to show her my Spider-Man villain costume!"

13 comments:

  1. Sublime! I felt for good old Peter!! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do enjoy a good Family Guy reference. :) Glad you liked this.

      Delete
  2. Nice! Made me laugh out loud. Not Lol, as the acronym "Lol" makes me want to put knitting needles in my eyes....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Wayne. Glad you enjoyed that. :)

      Delete
  3. Well done! I'm new here...
    http://mcguffysreader.blogspot.com/2012/09/the-loan.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome aboard, McGuffy (or Ann)! :) I hope to see you more often.

      Delete
    2. I'm following you now. Thanks! ;)

      Delete
  4. Ahaha! Too funny! This brought a smile to my day--thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! Foot in Mouth Syndrome - I like it (I'm a fellow sufferer).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kate! When I read the prompt word, this was the first thing that popped into my head, so I went with it.

      Delete
  6. Ah! haha :) Awesome, thanks for that!!

    ReplyDelete