Wednesday, September 26, 2012

MINIMAL title logo

As I near the completion of the first, rough draft of MINIMAL, I've been thinking about the cover design, and one of the first things that always snaps to mind (for me, at least) is the title logo -- the cool fonts, the embossing, all the neato stuff that makes you look at the cover just that microsecond longer...drawing you in...in the hope that a glance becomes a purchase.

Now, I'm no graphic artist, but I know what I like (as if that's helpful.) At any rate, I have a mockup of the title logo here for you to check out -- and hopefully it meets with your approval. Take a look. I come up with this as a backup plan in the event that I have to self-publish the book...better to be prepared and not need it than to be stuck waiting because I faltered earlier.

What do you think? Comments welcome! (Ignore the white background, that will be transparent on the actual cover.)

4 comments:

  1. I like it! I think it is very fitting for the content of the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Free font found on the web... Gotta love that! Of course, once it's "in shape," I hope it gets picked up by a publishing house -- I won't mind the wasted effort, I can tell you!

      Delete