Wednesday, September 5, 2012

MINIMAL (update)

I just put the draft of MINIMAL chapter 30 onto paper. It's what I expected, and that is to say it's rough; but that's the deal: get the story out on paper, then when done edit it to death! For those of you keeping score at home, the story is just now around 55000 words and isn't complete. For those of you that don't know what MINIMAL is about, here's a primer.
Someone is kidnapping people off the streets and operating on them, and each new victim that is located has a numbered tag ... One...Two...Three... There are two cops on this guy's tail, who the press have nicknamed "The Count," and with the daughter of a wealthy--and powerful person--recently come up missing, the fear is that she will soon bear the next numbered tag. Can these two detectives discover the identity of "The Count" before his latest victim is found someplace in pieces?
Don't ask how long the story will be, because, honestly, I don't have a clue yet. I'm just trying to record my idea before it fades. It's a tale I've wanted to write for a while, but wasn't sure I could; but with "Memories of the Dead" completed, I figured why not try it? This is the first draft and it's nowhere near ready for most anyone to check out yet, but we're getting there! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment