Thursday, October 25, 2012

Five Sentence Fiction – Potions

The Five Sentence Fiction is a simple idea:
Five Sentence Fiction is about packing a powerful punch in a tiny fist. Each week I will post a one word inspiration, then anyone wishing to participate will write a five sentence story based on the prompt word. The word does not have to appear in your five sentences, just use it for direction.
This week, Lillie chose the word "Potions," and I turn back the clock to a famous madman who fell because of his own ambition.

***

The lineage of my blood may very well end with me, but I must continue on.

The assembled corpse lay still, waiting for the proper time to embrace life; and the machinery that will make my "son" animate hums discontentedly as the powerful storm approaches.

With clatter-clack of chains and spinning wheels I raise my creation to the heavens, and soon he shall know the sting of the storm's kiss -- soon life will come to this foul retch.

I, and I alone, have learned the secret to the elixir of life; and only I am prepared, like God in Heaven, to call this soul from the darkness.

The course is set, the time is now, and my regrets are none.

                  --Victor

20 comments:

  1. I could here the chains as they clicked and clanged from the pulling you amaze me every time I read your writings! I love reading your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing quite like being struck by lightning.

    Cheers!
    JzB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's something even Dr. Evil could get behind!

      Delete
  3. "The assembled corpse" - what a hideous image! Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brrrrr.... this should not be allowed! Lovely snapshot of an overambitious monster maker! A pleasure to read :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do believe this isn't allowed! :) Glad you enjoyed it, and with Halloween coming up, I thought it appropriate for the season.

      Delete
  5. Oh, no! Not another computer guy!

    After reading this story, I'm a bit concerned about what's hooked up in your server room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only the best evil equipment someone else's money can buy! :)

      Delete
  6. Good stuff. Great take on the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Wayne. I sort of struggled for a bit with this, and I know I played a little loose with the prompt.

      Delete
  7. I love this! That third sentence is chilling and so perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was absolutely perfect of Halloween - and a cliffhanger that does not need a conclusion.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How monstrous! I sense an evil laugh coming...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with Lillie, that third sentence...made me shiver with anticipation...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa! I'm glad you liked it. :)

      Delete