Friday, November 23, 2012

Five Sentence Fiction – Feast

The Five Sentence Fiction is a simple idea:
Five Sentence Fiction is about packing a powerful punch in a tiny fist. Each week I will post a one word inspiration, then anyone wishing to participate will write a five sentence story based on the prompt word. The word does not have to appear in your five sentences, just use it for direction.
This week, Lillie chose the word "Feast," and with my prediliction toward the odd, I bring you this vision. Enjoy.

***

Upon your flesh shall I allay my hunger.

From your blood my thirst is sated.

Rise! Rise up, thou, my dearest bride!

Taste upon the lips my immortal soul.

Together we shall feed upon the masses.

11 comments:

  1. I could stand to lose a few pounds, but I'm getting out of here before they start chewing on me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hauntingly beautiful. It's classical format makes the subject matter quite "palatable".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find your use of palatable most delicious.

      Delete
  3. Straight out of a classic tale...and not a sparkle in sight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Plus, you invoked a related memory - so I hoisted a poem from the archives. You can see it at my place.

      http://retirementpastels.blogspot.com/2012/11/five-sentence-fiction-feast.html

      Cheers!
      JzB

      Delete
    2. LOL.Glad you enjoyed this enough to pull out a poem!

      Delete
  5. I like this very much - has a great visual aspect to it that excites the mind (for me, at least).

    ReplyDelete