Sunday, January 27, 2013

Blog hop! The Next Big Thing

I was asked by Sophie Davis to take a bit of a breather and answer a few questions about what's going on in my writing life at the moment. So, I present to you, dear readers, my answers to "The Next Big Thing" blog hop/tour.

What is the working title of your next book?

The title is “MINIMAL,” and capitalization is important.

Where did the idea come from for the book?

It came out of a documentary I saw a loooong time ago, and I wondered if a person were to take the concept to the extreme, logical end what would happen. Could it be done, and why?

What genre does your book fall under?

I'd peg it as “Mystery/Thriller” at the moment, and I hope it's both mysterious and thrilling to the reader! :)

What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?

For the most part, I hadn't thought of it that way, but possibly Mark Wahlberg and Katherine Hiegl as the “good guys,” and for the antagonist...I'm thinking a younger version of Stephen Mangan...

What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?

“The Count,” a serial killer on the loose, and police detectives Zac Toumille and Jenny Clark are on the case to bring him to justice before his latest victim is discovered in pieces.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

I plan on self-publishing this since I'm not certain that an agent would pick it up.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?

Currently, it's not finished, and as of today, we're looking at just over a year.

What other books would you compare this to within your genre?

Mary Higgins Clark meets Stephen King with a dash of Melissa Foster.

Who or what inspired you to write this book?

My twisted little mind.... ;)

What else about the book might pique the reader’s interest?

There's a large part of the book where you learn “why” this is all happening. With a lot of stories like this, there's little answer beyond “because,” which seemed disingenuous to me—my villain needed to have a real reason as to why he's doing these things. Strangely enough, he thinks he's doing this for all the right reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment