Thursday, January 31, 2013

Five Sentence Fiction – Delicate

The Five Sentence Fiction is a simple idea:
Five Sentence Fiction is about packing a powerful punch in a tiny fist. Each week I will post a one word inspiration, then anyone wishing to participate will write a five sentence story based on the prompt word. The word does not have to appear in your five sentences, just use it for direction.
This week, Lillie chose the word "Delicate," and today I dream of life's return.

***

The leaves are crumbling as they fall.

Beneath my feet, I feel them crunch; and in my hands they are reduced to dull, brown powder.

Yet, still I can see their former glory: the near translucent luster is dimmed but not gone.

Winter comes, and soon there will be none left on the branches; but this is not the end.

Life finds a way back, and shall return vibrant green come spring.

14 comments:

  1. Once again, great job on the imagery. I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire anyone who can write poetry, especially the kind which depicts the picture of rebirth in only a few lines, and does it in a colorful manner.

    Feedback welcomed on my second endeavor on writing this stuff,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is this poetry? Is this poetic? I don't know. But I thank you for your kind words.

      Delete
  3. I really enjoyed your gorgeous description of the promise and optimism of Spring on its way. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very poetic and beautifully described.
    McGuffy's Reader
    http://www.mcguffysreader.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for reminding me I have leaves to remove from of the outside cellar stairs.

    You asked in an earlier comment, "Is this poetry?" Yes, it is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I saw this as poetic, very lyrical and full of poignant imagery! Trees are so evocative, I really enjoy writing about them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it, Lisa. I never thought of anything I wrote as being poetic. Thank you.

      Delete