Thursday, January 17, 2013

Five Sentence Fiction – Forgotten

The Five Sentence Fiction is a simple idea:
Five Sentence Fiction is about packing a powerful punch in a tiny fist. Each week I will post a one word inspiration, then anyone wishing to participate will write a five sentence story based on the prompt word. The word does not have to appear in your five sentences, just use it for direction.
This week, Lillie chose the word "Forgotten," and with it, I think of sad things.

***

My savage heart knew no solace: peace, tranquility, and harmony were all lost to me.

Having surrendered to the pain of long ago I would often weep openly; and when confronted, would lash out against the undeserving.

It is impossible to remember the last time I knew true happiness--I don't know how to feel--so much have I lost!

Still human; simply much less humane.

I weep mostly for my forgotten self.

9 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I just passed the Liebster Blog Award to you

    Check my post to see about it

    Rivie @ Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. So dark... and beautifully written :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes we wallow in our troubles and feel hard-done-by...but this feels much bigger and I wonder just what your protagonist has been through... Very well written Phil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa. I have no idea what the poor man went through....hope it's better now.

      Delete
  4. This is a touching piece but still retains control and I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The telling of a tale with just a hint of emotion, more of awareness of what his condition is now. To lose oneself along the way, in the face of great struggle or sorrow is not uncommon. I found myself hoping someone will appear to bring new joy to his life. Beautiful writing, strong composition!

    ReplyDelete