Friday, January 11, 2013

Five Sentence Fiction – Inspire

The Five Sentence Fiction is a simple idea:
Five Sentence Fiction is about packing a powerful punch in a tiny fist. Each week I will post a one word inspiration, then anyone wishing to participate will write a five sentence story based on the prompt word. The word does not have to appear in your five sentences, just use it for direction.
This week, Lillie chose the word "Inspire," a writerly topic if there ever was one.

***

From where does it come, and why does it depart?

Does it not know that it is always welcome?

I cannot call it; it must arrive in its own good time.

Waiting, pen and paper at the ready, I hope, I want, I pray for its sweet caress.

Words seem empty without my muse.

14 comments:

  1. Hi Phil,

    Just visiting from FSF. An intriguing response to the prompt. I've read it a couple of times now, and each time I find something new in it. Where does inspiration come from? I certainly have no idea, but, yes, it is very much like a "sweet caress" when it does arrive.

    Feisty Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This one, for whatever reason, just poured out of me within a moment.

      Delete
  2. So very true. I don't know how many times I've sat waiting for Inspiration to show her face. Great job. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! There are days I sit and wonder "Have I hit the end?" Then some weird idea pops into my noggin.... I wish I could control it like a light switch.

      Delete
  3. If only our muses were on call, anytime, anywhere! Sometimes we need to work hard to be inspired!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. Yet other times, it just explodes onto the page. Those days, I relish.

      Delete
  4. One that struck home! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I try to write my own FSF this is really true. Great piece, so simple, but so much in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This one just flew off the page and took longer to post than to write. If only all my writing was so quick.

      Delete
  6. It's true
    Sometimes you stare at that blank page
    Other times the words pour out faster than you can write them
    Seize those moments

    Cheers!
    JzB

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's perfect! You've certainly managed to "pack a punch in to a tiny fist" as the FSF summary says! If only we knew where to find inspiration. I notice you said in one of your replies above that this just came to you suddenly. Sounds like you had found yours :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes that's how it works...othertimes....not so much. Thanks for the compliments! :)

      Delete