Thursday, February 7, 2013

Five Sentence Fiction – Purple

The Five Sentence Fiction is a simple idea:
Five Sentence Fiction is about packing a powerful punch in a tiny fist. Each week I will post a one word inspiration, then anyone wishing to participate will write a five sentence story based on the prompt word. The word does not have to appear in your five sentences, just use it for direction.
This week, Lillie chose the word "Purple," and this time....I go off on a very odd tangent. Roses are red,... bruises are purple.

***

The sting of his slap hadn't even begun to fade, but the raised welt he left on her bare behind was already forming.

As he held up a mirror so she could admire his handiwork, she squealed in enthusiastic approval – the view was breathtaking.

In an almost perfect imprint of the shape of his hand, the outlines of his finger marks shown clear in red and deep burgundy.

As the blood pooled under her translucent skin, darker hues began to form -- multiple shades of blue and slickly brown merged and filled fully to the outline he had left.

"Perfect!" She moaned, "You always leave such a good impression!"

20 comments:

  1. Now, this is daring ;-P ~ beautiful tale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every so often, I can be a little daring. I'm glad you liked it! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. There are shades of me that are rarely seen...

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Then I believe I have done pretty well. Thanks, K.R.! :)

      Delete
  4. A surprising story here! Well done, though!
    McGuffy's Reader
    http://www.mcguffysreader.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I do like your use of purple! It's pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I first read your intro, I thought it was going to go down a more sinister route. But I loved this! Very cheeky (no pun intended)and such fabulous description of the bruising. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Certain to be the most evocative take on the purple prompt, and so very well done that you managed to capture not only the action but the accompanying emotions perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Josie! I just thought of all the purple things I could on the way to work...then it hit me (so to speak) that bruises are purple-ish too. From there, I just went off n a tangent. :)

      Delete
  8. 50 shades of purple... new series. Watch out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Not at all what I expected. Nice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like throwing curve-balls from time to time. :)

      Delete
  10. Very racy! Think we were on the same length with the bruising, I went dark with my story. You put a fun twist! Really enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete