Thursday, March 28, 2013

Five Sentence Fiction – Flame


The Five Sentence Fiction is a simple idea:
Five Sentence Fiction is about packing a powerful punch in a tiny fist. Each week I will post a one word inspiration, then anyone wishing to participate will write a five sentence story based on the prompt word. The word does not have to appear in your five sentences, just use it for direction.
This week, Lillie chose the word "Flame," and here men's souls are torched.
***
She kindled my soul.
I was tinder in her hands; and the merest, soft friction of embrace set me on fire.
A passion within, deep and furious and bright as the sun, took hold.
Her intoxicating scent, aroused from our passion's heat, scorched all resistance to ash.
Her lips, hot; her dark eyes, flashed as immolating coals, made pale any man's will -- it is for her that I burn.

12 comments:

  1. Exquisite Phil, and in such a short space of time! I cannot choose one part of this, every word is ...well I think you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the prompt, really enjoyed the idea of flames of passion :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great piece. Well written, full of emotion and passion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't we all want someone to feel this way about us? :) Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every reference fro fire/flame is mentioned in such a passionate way from the tinder to the final burn. A stunning piece. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lizzie! I'm pleased you liked it.

      Delete