Thursday, April 11, 2013

Five Sentence Fiction – Edge


The Five Sentence Fiction is a simple idea:

Five Sentence Fiction is about packing a powerful punch in a tiny fist. Each week I will post a one word inspiration, then anyone wishing to participate will write a five sentence story based on the prompt word. The word does not have to appear in your five sentences, just use it for direction.
This week, Lillie chose the word "Edge."
***
With a razor's keen edge he began his cut. 
 At first, there was just a release of air, a gasp, a whoosh, a flutter; but no remorse. 
 Slowly he drew it across, he needed this to go just right -- not too fast or there would be shredding, and that's not seemly at all, and would surely ruin his fun. 
 Carefully and with practiced patience he made his cut against the grain -- slow, deliberate, and masterful. 
 Then came the scream, and the balloon wailed like a banshee, shot across the room, and scared the living crap out of a sleeping Grandpa Joe.

20 comments:

  1. Thanks for the chuckle - I needed that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. on behalf of grandpa's everywhere, this is not one bit funny.

    and get off my lawn

    Cheers!
    JzB

    ReplyDelete
  3. sucked me in and then blew me away... ha ;-)
    Randy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, to a point, you and I think along the same lines!
    Scott
    Mine: http://kindredspirit23.wordpress.com/2013/04/11/five-sentence-fiction-prompt-edge-4112013/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly surprised me at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Grandpa Joe! It's a wonder he didn't have a heart attack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, but he is made of far sterner stuff. :)

      Delete
  7. Oh gosh I really thought I wouldn't be able to make it to the end, but glad I did. So funny :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you made it to the end, too! :)

      Delete
  8. Nicely done! It gave me such a creepy feeling with a great surprise ending. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete