Thursday, April 4, 2013

Five Sentence Fiction – Words

The Five Sentence Fiction is a simple idea:

Five Sentence Fiction is about packing a powerful punch in a tiny fist. Each week I will post a one word inspiration, then anyone wishing to participate will write a five sentence story based on the prompt word. The word does not have to appear in your five sentences, just use it for direction.
This week, Lillie chose the word "Words," and again...I go off the deep end....
***
There was nothing but dust and cobwebs to keep him company--he had been alone for a very long time.
He wept for a companion; and indeed his tears were bitter.
But then came another, and soon she sat beside him.
"I am Thesaurus," she said, "and I am here to complete you."
Then Dictionary smiled as never before; they have been together ever since. 

22 comments:

  1. This is all kinds of adorable!
    I'm super jealous of Dictionary. I've always had a thang for good ole Thesaurus. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, of course the Thesaurus spoke first. She's never at a loss for words...

    Nice story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore both books, and mine sit side-by-side on my bookshelf too, so all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just the cutest! I'd be lost without mine at my side; a complete set with the laptop. The personification is very clever and brilliant. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Endearing. Creative imagination. Original.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh - this was clever! I truly enjoyed that, though not as much as dictionary did, I suppose! :D

    Many blessings,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm smiling, too! Love this one, Phil. So clever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who knows what goes on between those covers?

    And when they have words - what is that like?

    Cheers!
    JzB

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bravo...
    great 5 sentence story.
    Strunk and White's Elements of Style is available to perform the wedding.

    Randy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great take on the prompt. Really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete