Thursday, May 23, 2013

Five Sentence Fiction – Charmed

The Five Sentence Fiction is a simple idea: Five Sentence Fiction is about packing a powerful punch in a tiny fist. Each week I will post a one word inspiration, then anyone wishing to participate will write a five sentence story based on the prompt word. The word does not have to appear in your five sentences, just use it for direction.


This week, Lillie chose the word "Charmed," and what could be more charming than a fairy being born?
***
Millicent's fairy wings beat swiftly as she raced across the wide sea to the land where the tulips bloom.
They called it "Haven," and it was here that the newest fairy would soon be born.
A gathering like this only happens once every thousand years, and to miss this birth was unthinkable--the very thought of it made her sad--so onward she rushed through the tall grasses near the shoreline, up to the garden where the fairies bloom into life.
"Always lucky Millie" landed among her friends just in time for the precious one to open his eyes and look directly at her.
The choice had been made: she would raise him, teach him, and love him as her very own. 

13 comments:

  1. Love this little story about the birth of a new fairy, but I admit it gave me pause when the wee new arrival was a "he." I hadn't really stopped to consider it before, but any time I hear the word fairy, my mind automatically pictures a female (Tinkerbell). Nice little twist to get me out of my box!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Tinkerbell movies are filled with male fairies. Glad you liked it!

      Delete
    2. I have an 8-year-old daughter, so I felt a bit of a Tinkerbell-movie vibe and yet I was still caught off guard that new-born fairy was a boy :)

      Delete
  2. Love love love. Beautiful well written story. It just carried me along. Happy feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely breathtaking. Magical, I LOVE this tale!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed this one! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete