Thursday, May 9, 2013

Five Sentence Fiction – Goggles


The Five Sentence Fiction is a simple idea: Five Sentence Fiction is about packing a powerful punch in a tiny fist. Each week I will post a one word inspiration, then anyone wishing to participate will write a five sentence story based on the prompt word. The word does not have to appear in your five sentences, just use it for direction.


This week, Lillie chose the word "Goggles," and sometimes, just as was foretold, they do nothing.
***
Sometimes I wonder what "happy" is.
I put on my magic face, and I try to understand it.
But I can't.
It's too much to take in, like looking at the blinding light of the sun.
And me, sitting there with no eye protection. 

12 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your post. It brought a smile to my face because I fully understand the lack of protective eyewear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see your writing as a metaphor...the blinding sun. Maybe find happy if you can see instead of be blinded? Interesting read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like life. I put on my thinking cap and try to understand it. But I just end up more confused.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. Well told emotion in such a few short sentences.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice. Brief, concise. I like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes I need dark glasses to hide more than the metaphorical blinding sunshine! Liked this!

    ReplyDelete