Thursday, August 29, 2013

Five Sentence Fiction – Thunder

The Five Sentence Fiction is a simple idea: Five Sentence Fiction is about packing a powerful punch in a tiny fist. Each week I will post a one word inspiration, then anyone wishing to participate will write a five sentence story based on the prompt word. The word does not have to appear in your five sentences, just use it for direction.


This week, Lillie chose the word "Thunder," and today, it is what connects them over vast distances. This entry represents my return after a brief hiatus for work-related stuff. I'm glad to be back.
***
Sara listened to the delicate drops of rain on her window as the distant rumble of thunder echoed in the valley below.
The dark sky above gave no merriment as it let loose its downpour; she was silent.
Worry of faraway love filled her heart, and all she could do was pray for his safe return.
In distant lands, thunder echoed on mountainous crags as he climbed, hand by blistering hand, to the peak, where, hidden in a secret alcove, the scroll could be found.
He hoped to return soon, but before that, there was yet one last mission to accomplish.

20 comments:

  1. Nice lead-in to a longer tale, should you wish to make it so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weird thing is, I always think of these as parts of something bigger... Never get there, though. Thanks, Wanda!

      Delete
  2. Ooooh I love this. I can't wait to see what the scroll holds and what that other mission is.
    Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nada! :) We'll see if I continue it.

      Delete
  3. Maybe you could just scroll forward.

    Cheers!
    JzB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. We'll see if I can accommodate that! Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Enjoyed! Sounds like the beginning of a very interesting story :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This definitely left me wanting to know the whole story. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I felt like this was either a prelude or excerpt from a larger tale. Nice drama.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dobson. Actually, I just sort of made this up as I went.

      Delete