Thursday, September 5, 2013

Five Sentence Fiction – Beauty

The Five Sentence Fiction is a simple idea: Five Sentence Fiction is about packing a powerful punch in a tiny fist. Each week I will post a one word inspiration, then anyone wishing to participate will write a five sentence story based on the prompt word. The word does not have to appear in your five sentences, just use it for direction.


This week, Lillie chose the word "Beauty," and I may have gone off the deep end and into a dark place.

(Though I write some pretty gnarly stuff from time to time, I would like to state up front that this very story sickens me to my soul. This is just a story, simple writing, taken inspiration form the chosen word and the song "Aqua Lung." I hope nobody that reads this thinks otherwise, or poorly about me. If you know of a child in danger, please do not hesitate to contact the local authorities or the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children. Thank you.)

***
He saw them as they danced and played in the park, his little beauties.
This was his special place, his secret garden, the temple in which the light of the gods frolicked.
Nobody noticed him as he watched, he was just another person on a park bench, but they should have, for his mind wandered to places on their young bodies that adult thoughts ought not to go.
Never approaching, he sat staring, breathing quickly and shallow as his blood began to boil; all day he simmered in his own stew, festering, basted in his own sweat, the corners of his heart ached for release denied.
Then came the parents to retrieve their precious ones, and with a "See you tomorrow," the children went their separate ways--he'd see them again as well.

14 comments:

  1. Haunting! You made me feel dirty :(
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is interesting to say the least.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Adjectives I'd accept also include "creepy," "weird," and "just plain messed up." LOL Hope you liked it.

      Delete
  3. Beautifully creepy piece. Nicely penned.
    (and thanks for the disclaimer at the beginning :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nada. Even as I was writing it, I knew I had to have some kind of disclaimer...something. The first thing that came to mind was the NCM&EC.

      Delete
  4. Definitely well described. Lots of depth packed into 5 slightly disturbing sentences. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A topic close to my heart. Difficult to read but well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A good writer won't shy away from that which is difficult to write. You put it so well, it's just sad there are people like this out there!

    ReplyDelete