Thursday, September 19, 2013

Five Sentence Fiction – Wild

The Five Sentence Fiction is a simple idea: Five Sentence Fiction is about packing a powerful punch in a tiny fist. Each week I will post a one word inspiration, then anyone wishing to participate will write a five sentence story based on the prompt word. The word does not have to appear in your five sentences, just use it for direction.


This week, Lillie chose the word "Wild," and that makes me think of being out in the woods or wilderness.
***
 I saw the bear as it lunged through the trees.
You can tell much from the eyes of an animal, and this much I knew, it wanted me dead.
I was an interloper, a hunter, and too close to her den.
My rifle, ready; her eyes, flashing; my mind, steeled, while hers was nothing but wild, reckless fury.
I shot as she sprung, and onto me she fell; only one of us left the forest.

7 comments:

  1. I love choosing my own endings. Thanks for the great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed this, a truly wild encounter that a hunter would relish, but the rest of us would fear. You might edit to put the L in rife in sentence 4.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, I didn't even notice that missing letter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with hersantosha - it's fun to have the choice and the reader can have it either way!


    P.S. Good luck with Minimal! Sorry I wasn't able to volunteer as a reader. I've been so busy the last couple of months I've had trouble getting a few blog posts out. I guess I'll just have to buy a copy and find out what changed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, K.R., I'm hoping to have MINIMAL out by or around Halloween....we'll see if I can pull that off. :)

      Delete