Thursday, December 12, 2013

Five Sentence Fiction – Alone

The Five Sentence Fiction is a simple idea: Five Sentence Fiction is about packing a powerful punch in a tiny fist. Each week I will post a one word inspiration, then anyone wishing to participate will write a five sentence story based on the prompt word. The word does not have to appear in your five sentences, just use it for direction.


This week, Lillie chose the word "Alone," and what else is left when all is gone?
***
All that is left is cinder and ash.
Fools that they were, they let loose their own inner demons, and were consumed by them; now only I remain.
I whisper in the burned paths of the earth, I see the corpses piled high as they lay smoldering.
Darkness rules the sky above; though day, it is like a winter's eve, and the snow that falls poisons all that it touches.
I fan the blaze as it roars and it grows to terrible power, but this will fade, and all that will be left is me.

3 comments:

  1. I've had "friends" like that, where I knew I was better off without them, and yet when they were gone, I felt so incredibly empty. Sometimes a purge is definitely necessary. Some people are simply toxic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I took more of a spiritual or spectral or demonic view of the story.
    Interesting. and good.
    Scott
    Mine: http://kindredspirit23.wordpress.com/2013/12/12/fsf-five-sentence-fiction-alone-solitary-non-confinement-r/

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great story.
    Like kindred spirit I also had pictures of demons and post apocalyptic world.

    ReplyDelete